Every year more than 2,000 children and families from throughout the country and around the world participate in The Barton Center for Diabetes Education’s year-round, fun-filled summer camp, weekend, school vacation programs, and outreach programs. Click Here for Picture Galleries.
The focus of our programs is fun and support; the goal is to educate children and their families on how to manage the daily rigors of diabetes, so they can live fuller and healthier lives. At camp, we strive to incorporate The Barton Center’s core values into all that we do. These values are incorporated into every activity we run, each staff member’s actions, and every camper attitude. These core values include:
- Having fun
- Building a community
- Inspiring growth through individual challenge
- Motivating healthy lifestyles
- Fostering an appreciation of self and others
- Clara Barton Camp, residential summer camp for girls ages 6-16, in North Oxford, MA
- Camp Joslin, residential summer camp for boys ages 6-16, in Charlton, MA
- NEW–Clara Barton Camp & Camp Joslin Coed Week, coed residential summer camp, ages 6-16, either North Oxford or Charlton, MA
- Vermont Overnight Camp, residential coed program for ages 6-16 in South Hero, VT
- Day Camps in Greenwich, CT; Worcester, MA; and Long Island, NY, for boys and girls ages 5-15
- Adventure Program for boys and girls ages 13-18
- Family Programs for the entire family
- Weekend Programs for children with diabetes and their siblings or friends ages 6-16
Children and adults alike share the triumphs and tribulations of living with diabetes. Children no longer feel different or alone, and their parents can relax knowing that their sons and daughters are in a safe and secure environment. All programs feature low staff to participant ratios, expert medical staff, well-trained, hard working counselors – many of whom were once campers and have diabetes themselves.
Campers are admitted on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for summer camp begins each year in January. Registrations are accepted for year-round programs until each program is full. Camperships are available for resident camps, day camps, and year-round programs on a first-come, first-served sliding-scale basis. For information regarding financial assistance for any of our other programs, please contact our office at 508-987-2056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.