2021 Summer Camp Updates

We are very excited to be officially moving forward with opening camp this summer. Our Governor gave approval for residential camps to open as of March 22nd, so we are moving forward with opening procedures as usual. We are currently waiting for additional state re-opening guidelines. Once we have these guidelines, we will finalize all COVID-19 protocols with our Medical Directors.

While camp may be a bit different this year, we know campers can’t wait to return. The biggest change for the summer is the decision to operate both camps at the Clara Barton site in North Oxford. Cabins will not be coed. Capacity is reduced, we will be requiring a PCR test and we will provide rapid tests upon arrival and again on day 5. All of our sessions are currently full and have waitlists. We capped our registrations at a conservative number to allow for social distancing and further state guidance. Once we have state guidelines, we hope to begin registering those on our waitlist. All “b” session campers have been moved to an “a” session or a two-week session to avoid bringing in new campers midway through a session. Staff will be required to remain at camp which has resulted in fewer applicants. If your child would like to attend camp this summer, we recommend using our online registration process to waitlist your child for the desired session(s). There is no fee to put your child on the waitlist.

Campers who are fully registered should receive their confirmation packets in the mail by the end of April. We have held off on printing these as we would like to include our COVID-19 protocols once they are finalized.

Due to continued safety concerns, we mutually agreed to cancel our out-of-state programs this summer out of an abundance of caution. We look forward to resuming our day camps in CT and NY next summer along with our Vermont Overnight Camp and Adventure Program.

If you have any questions, please email info@bartoncenter.org.